St. Francis College aims to provide a secure and caring community where a multiplicity of needs and interests are catered for and where pupils are encouraged to aim for excellence in everything they undertake. To this end we will aim to:
Develop a high degree of proficiency in both Portuguese and English. Provide preparation for and to equip pupils with the skills needed to function in the complex society of the 21st Century.
Saint Francis 10 years Video
- Support the development of the mother tongue.
- Involve parents and the community in the everyday life of the school.
- Develop social, emotional, intellectual, academic and physical pupils' potential to the fullest in all areas.
- Promote independence, autonomy, self-discipline and an understanding of the needs of others.
- Ensure that balanced curricular opportunity is genuinely available to all students and is positively encouraged.
- Blend tradition with modernity to reap the harvest of both past and present.
- Combine elements of all cultures and values to learn the best of these cultures.
- Promote internationalism.
- Practice inquiry based teaching grounded on a concept-based curriculum that is regularly evaluated by teaching professionals to improve the quality and effectiveness of the PYP, MYP and Diploma programme.
- Keep abreast of new approaches in education.
- Evaluate and monitor our curriculum, results and development.